Dave Chen, MD
- New York University School of Medicine
- Columbia University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of Chicago
- Washingtonian Top Doctor – 2010, 2015, 2017, 2019, 2021
- Bethesda Magazine Top Doctor – 2019, 2021
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor – 2021
Dr. Chen has been a board-certified internal medicine physician since 2002. He completed his bachelor’s degree in physics at the University of Chicago and then went to MIT for his master’s degree. He received his medical degree from New York University School of Medicine and did his internship and residency in internal medicine at UCLA Medical Center. As his first job out of residency, he worked as an internist at Kaiser Permanente Medical Group until he became a partner. When he relocated to Maryland, he joined Potomac Physician Associates and has seen his practice grow over the last 15 years.
He believes that good doctoring starts from listening to his patients, being there for them, reviewing their options, and helping them be active in their own care.