Kathryn Shade, MD
- Stanford University
- UC San Diego School of Medicine
Affiliations and Memberships
- American Board of Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Practice
- Santa Clara County Medical Society
- California Academy of Family Physicians
- California Medical Academy
- Member of American Clinicians Academy on Medical Aid In Dying
Dr. Kathryn Shade majored in Human Biology at Stanford University and then graduated from the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine. She completed her residency in Family Medicine at the University of Washington in Seattle and has been Board Certified since 2000. She was a family physician with UW Medicine in Woodinville, Washington for nearly five years doing adult medicine, pediatrics, and obstetrics. She also had a Clinical Instructor appointment with the University of Washington School of Medicine during that time. Dr. Shade moved back to the Bay Area in 2006 and started her private practice in Los Gatos, CA in 2007.
Dr. Shade has three children. She is an avid reader, enjoys various types of exercise, being outside, yoga, crossword puzzles, and loves mountain and road cycling.