Brittany Burns, MD
- University of Washington Faculty Development Fellowship: June 2014-May 2015
- Swedish Cherry Hill Family Medicine Residency: Seattle, WA, 2008
- Chestnut Hill Residency Program: Philadelphia, PA, Family Medicine Internship, June 2006
- Emory University School of Medicine: Atlanta, GA, MD Degree, May 2005
- University of Washington Seattle, WA: Undergraduate B.A. in Medical Anthropology, 2001
Affiliations and Memberships
- American Board of Family Medicine Certified
- American Family Physician Member
- University of Washington Family Medicine Residency Network Community Faculty
- Kootenai Health Active Community Staff Physician
Dr. Brittany Burns moved to Coeur d’Alene from Seattle, Washington with her husband, Jonathan, in 2008 after completing her Residency in Family Practice through the University of Washington affiliated program. She attended the University of Washington for her undergraduate degree in Medical Anthropology/Archeology, and Emory University for medical school. Dr. Burns and her husband have three beautiful children together and enjoy every minute of parenthood (mostly:). Prior to establishing her Integrative Medicine clinic, Coeur Vitality PLLC, Dr. Burns helped to establish our local Family Medicine Residency training clinic and continues to enjoy teaching as part-time faculty through the University of Washington Residency Network. Dr. Burns practices full-spectrum Family Medicine caring for the entire range of ages: from rounding on newborn infants at the hospital, extended wellness preventative visits at clinic, through palliative end of life home visits.
As a Family Physician, she feels it is important to empower each patient with the tools and knowledge of how to live healthy balanced lives both mind and body. She founded Coeur Vitality Integrative Medicine Clinic, with the mission to create a clinic with an intelligent combination of conventional and alternative medicine with a renewed emphasis on whole person health. Dr. Burns is passionate about restoring emphasis on health and healing utilizing all the tools we have at our disposal, rather than only putting out fires with disease symptom management through prescriptive medication. Above all, her clinic aims to embody the best of the traditional “family doc:” good medicine and sound advice, based on a true relationship and understanding between patient and physician.
Outside of practicing medicine, Dr. Burns values foremost spending time with her young family; looking forward to any opportunity to get outdoors: camping, skiing, hiking, and mountain biking. She enjoys both playing with and cheering on her children in numerous sports. Both she and her husband savor good food and the craft of cooking and eating local and enjoy the process of homeownership and living in this wonderful community.