Paola Bass, MD
- University of Alabama
- University of South Alabama College of Medicine
- Vanderbilt University
Affiliations and Memberships
- Alpha Omega Alpha, Medical Honor Society
- American College of Physicians
- Medical Association of the State of Alabama
- Houston County Medical Society
- Board Member, Wiregrass Hope Group
Dr. Paola Bass was born and raised in the Wiregrass area, and her earliest memories included becoming a physician. As a pastor’s daughter, she made many visits with her father to hospitals and nursing homes. She always imagined that loving patients as a physician would be similar to her father’s love for his parishioners.
Dr. Bass graduated from the University of Alabama and received her medical degree from the University of South Alabama College of Medicine. After completing her internship and residency in internal medicine at Vanderbilt University, she returned home to Dothan to join Internal Medicine Associates in 1995.
Returning home to practice medicine has been a wonderful experience. Though medicine has changed significantly, patients remain the same. Loving patients, getting to know them, and working with them are truly a joy!