A Springtime Salad Recipe That You’ll Enjoy
Try this healthy and delicious springtime salad for lunch or dinner to welcome in the spring. This salad is packed full of nutritious vegetables which will leave you feeling light and nicely full unlike the stews and stodgy meals associated with the winter. Salads are easily customizable and the vegetables and dressing can be switched to suit what you have available in your fridge.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest and 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
Combine the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together. Try substituting white wine vinegar for red wine vinegar or raspberry balsamic for a different flavor combination.
- 2 heads Boston lettuce, cored and chopped
- 1 head radicchio, cored and torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- Chopped asparagus, steamed slightly so it still retains some crunch
Combine all of the ingredients. This salad is easily customizable so add or remove ingredients according to taste. Pour in the vinaigrette so that there’s enough to lightly cover the lettuce leaves and gently mix in to combine. A great addition to increase this salad’s health benefits would be a small handful of crushed walnuts or a handful of baby spinach.
SignatureMD (signaturemd.com), with offices in Los Angeles, California and Richmond, Virginia, is one of the nation’s largest providers of initial conversion and ongoing support services to concierge medicine physicians, with an expanding network of over 160 affiliated primary care physicians and specialists across 31 states.