Avocado Cream Mousse
Refrigeration Time: Overnight
Prep: 60 mins
- 6 ripe avocados
- 1 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/3 cups of honey
- Remove skin and seed from avocados, and place the green flesh into a food processor, removing all brown spots as you go.
- Add lemon juice and honey, and blend until smooth and creamy.
Chocolate Cashew Cream
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⅓ cups water
- Place cacao powder, cashew nuts, honey and water into blender, and blend until a smooth and creamy consistency.
Crumble & Assembly
- 1 cup raisins/sultanas
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 500g blueberries
- 6–8 strawberries, sliced or 2–3 kiwi fruit, sliced
- To make crumble, combine raisins/sultanas, pecans, tahini and coconut in food processor, and mix until well combined.
- To assemble, place a layer of blueberries across the bottom of a parfait dish, and cover lightly with a thin layer of crumble mix.
- Place sliced strawberries around the outside of the parfait dish to decorate. Pour about one-third of cashew cream mixture over crumble. Be sure to fill any gaps.
- Top with one-third of the avocado mousse, then repeat layers of berries, crumble, cashew cream and avocado mousse. Cover lightly with crumble mixture and top with blueberries to finish.
- Place in refrigerator to set, preferably overnight.
(Recipe from Eat more/CHIP cookbook)