Healthy Ambrosia Salad
- oranges, peeled and chopped (2)
- pineapple chunks (2 cups)
- banana, sliced (1)
- shredded coconut (1/4 cup)
- dried cranberries
- (1/8 cup)
- orange juice concentrate (1 tablespoon)
- almond extract, optional (1/2 teaspoon)
- water (1 tablespoon)
- Combine the oranges, pineapple, banana, coconut, and cranberries in a medium bowl.
- Combine the orange juice concentrate, water, and optional almond extract in a small bowl.
- Pour over the fruit and toss until evenly distributed.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator, leftover ambrosia (without the banana) will keep for up to 2 days.
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
- Calories: 188
- Protein: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrate: 43.3 g
- Sugar: 35.3 g
- Total Fat: 2.4 g
- Calories from Fat: 11.5%
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 17 mg
Recipe Source: PCRM, Physician Committee of Responsible Medicine